Avaya launched a new product this month, “E169 Media Station” – Redefine the Desktop for your Mobile and Remote Workers. Today, IT Employees are struggling with how best to address the BYOD trend. Now they have the answer. Use the Avaya E169 as a standard SIP desk phone on its own or dock your Android Smartphone/Tablet/Apple iOS, log in via the Media station app, and turn your mobile device into an Enterprise grade communications tool, maintaining secured communications.
Avaya had released some excellent SIP- based mobile applications for users away from desk such as One- X Mobile SIP, Avaya Communication for Android, and Flare Experience for iPad. But, what you really need is a way to augment your mobile device with the missing pieces that you so desperately need when sitting at your desk. This is where Avaya’s new E169 Media Station comes into play.
Avaya’s E169 is a base station for any mobile device. It is completely flexible with one micro USB, one 30-pin Apple connector, and one Lightning Apple connector. It comprises of variety of inserts to keep your device firmly situated and stable. This modern approach provides us the maximum flexibility to adapt to future devices (as long as they are USB connected). The speakerphone sounds fantastic, rivaling that of my personal Bose Bluetooth Dock. Beam forming spatial audio, 4 dynamic echo-cancelling microphones, 6 high-performance speakers and a downward firing subwoofer make this the best-sounding SIP phone ever.
- Basic, generic, SIP telephony features such as Transfer, Forward, Mute, Ad-Hoc Conference and Hold
- Supports both iOS and Android devices (iOS 6.0 and later + Android 4.1 and above)
- Full enterprise-grade Avaya endpoint with admin, reliability and security features
- Works with or without a mobile device docked – calls can be placed through a SIP line or through the mobile device cellular network
- Rapidly charges the user’s mobile device
- Compatible with both Avaya Aura and Avaya IP Office
- G.722 wideband audio, handset and headset (with wideband headsets)
- Full duplex speakerphone (Bluetooth-enabled)
- Headset port (USB connector)
- Message Waiting Indicator
- Dual Ethernet port operating at 1Gbps speed
- Class 3 Power over Ethernet (PoE) or optional AC power adapter
- Comes with 1x micro USB, 1x 30-pin Apple connector and 1x Lightning Apple connector