Intuitive LCD Interactivity throughout IoT Network Performance
PLANET WGR-500-4PV is an industrial router with 802.3at PoE+ capability, designed for Internet of Things (IoT) networks. It comes with an intuitive touch panel on its front panel that facilitates the Ethernet PoE PD management that greatly promotes management efficiency in Industrial networks, such as factory, transportation, government buildings, and other public areas. It also features the following special management and operation functions. The WGR-500-4PV is the best solution for industry router application.
- ● Real-time status display
- ● Wizard design and IPv6 / IPv4 support
- ● Firewall with 802.1Q VLAN security
- ● PoE management
Easy Option and Real-time Monitoring via LCD Screen
The WGR-500-4PV provides an intuitive touch panel for essential operations like working mode. It’s convenient for users to switch current working modes between router and switch mode via LCD touch panel. Users can not only configure device but also immediately monitor the applied setting from LCD screen. IT staff does not need to use notebook to identify configuration changes. Thus, it helps IT staff or system integrators save operating costs and time.
IPv6 Support for IoT Networking
With billions of new IoT devices entering the market each year, IPv4 is faced with the issue of not being able to completely meet the requirements of connecting all the IoT products together. IPv6 offers a highly-scalable address scheme that provides a unique 64-bit host ID to every present and future IoT device. It is sufficient to address the needs of any present and future communication device. That means IPv6 allows IoT products to be uniquely addressable without having to work around all of the traditional NAT and firewall issues.
The WGR-500-4PV supports both IPv6 and IPv4 to ensure industrial Ethernet with a smooth migration path from the IPv4-based networks to the full IPv6 infrastructure. It assigns IPv6 addresses to clients and passes the IPv6 traffics through the IPv4 environment. The WGR-500-4PV supports IPv4 tunneling (6to4 transition tunnel) implementations for IoT connectivity.
Secure Firewall Protection
The denial-of-service attacks (DoS) attempt to consume resources and therefore deny users network and application access. There are two types of DoS attacks -- SYN floods and ping of death that consume actual server resources, or those of intermediate communication equipment, such as firewalls and load balancers, and the other, volume-based attacks like UDP/ICMP floods and other spoofed-packet floods that would saturate the bandwidth of the attacked site.
The WGR-500-4PV provides firewall to protect IoT devices against networking attack like denial-of-service (DoS), and emerging malicious traffic before attacks can occur. With firewall protection, it prevents IoT network from threats and keeps networking more secure.
VLAN Support for Isolated Traffic and Security
Virtual LANs (VLANs) offer the logical grouping technique to separate the physical ports of Ethernet switch. It can separate private network into several parts for different users. If there are too many computers or networking devices in the same network segment, it will result in heavy traffics locally. Besides, VLANs provide enhanced network security that network administrators can control over each port and whatever resources it is allowed to use.
The WGR-500-4PV supports 802.1Q VLAN to separate traffic of users and IoT devices and can work as an intelligent traffic forwarder to control traffic and isolate connections of two groups. It will not only optimize bandwidth but also improve network security.
Centralized Remote Control of Managed APs*
The WGR-500-4PV provides centralized management of PLANET Smart AP series via a user-friendly Web GUI. It's simple and easy to configure AP for the wireless SSID, radio band and security settings. With a four-step configuration process, different purposes of wireless profiles can be simultaneously delivered to multiple APs or AP groups to minimize deployment time, effort and cost.
For example, to configure multiple Smart APs of the same model, the WGR-500-4PV allows clustering them to a managed group for unified management. According to requirements, wireless APs can be flexibly expanded or removed from a wireless AP group at any time. The AP cluster benefits bulk provision and bulk firmware upgrade through single entry point instead of having to configure settings in each of them separately.
Built-in Unique PoE Functions for Powered Devices Management
The WGR-500-4PV is capable of having a maximum of up to 120 watts of power output and can deliver up to 36W for each port. It also features the following special PoE management functions:
■ PoE usage monitoring
With PoE usage monitoring, it can show the PoE loading of each port, total PoE power usage and system status, such as overload, low voltage, over voltage and high temperature. User can obtain detailed information about real-time PoE working condition of the WGR-500-4PV directly.
■ PoE schedule
Under the trend of energy saving worldwide and contributing to environmental protection, the WGR-500-4PV can effectively control the power supply besides its capability of giving high watts power. The “PoE schedule” function helps you to enable or disable PoE power feeding for each PoE port during specified time intervals and it is a powerful function to help SMBs or enterprises save power and budget. It also increases security by powering off PDs that should not be in use during non-business hours.
■ Scheduled power recycling
The WGR-500-4PV allows each of the connected PoE IP cameras or PoE wireless access points to reboot at a specific time each week. Therefore, it will reduce the chance of IP camera or AP crash resulting from buffer overflow.
■ PD alive check
The WGR-500-4PV can be configured to monitor connected PD status in real time via ping action. Once the PD stops working and responding, the WGR-500-4PV will resume the PoE port power and bring the PD back to work. It will greatly enhance the network reliability through the PoE port resetting the PD’s power source and reducing administrator management burden.
Innovative Wall-mount Installation
The WGR-500-4PV is specially designed to be installed in a narrow environment, such as wall enclosure or electric weak box. The compact, flat and wall-mounted design fits easily in any space-limited location. It adopts the user-friendly “Front Access” design, making the installing, cable wiring, LED monitoring and maintenance of the WGR-500-4PV placed in an enclosure very convenient for technicians. The WGR-500-4PV can be installed by fixed wall mounting, magnetic wall mounting or DIN rail, thereby making its usability more flexible.
- ● 4-port 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 with IEEE 802.3af / 802.3at PoE injector
- ● port 10/100/1000BASE-T RJ45 for WAN port or LAN port interface (router mode or switch mode)
- ● 1 x USB 3.0 port for backup and restoration of configuration file
Power over Ethernet
- ● Up to 4 ports of IEEE 802.3af/802.3at devices powered
- ● Supports PoE power up to 36 watts for each PoE port
- ● Auto detects powered device (PD)
- ● Remote power feeding up to 100 meters
- ● PoE Management
- - PoE Port status monitoring
- - Total PoE power budget control
- - Per port PoE function enable/disable
- - PoE Port power feeding priority
- - Per PoE port power limit
- - PD classification detection
- - PoE alive check
Industrial Case and Installation
- ● Compact size with fixed wall mounting, magnetic wall mounting or DIN-rail mounting
- ● IP30 metal case
- ● Supports -10 to 60 degrees C operating temperature
- ● Supports ESD 6KV DC Ethernet protection
- ● Dual power input design
- -48V~56V DC wide power input with polarity reverse protect function
- -3-pin terminal block or DC jack connector
Layer 2 Features
- ● Supports IEEE 802.1Q tagged VLAN
- ● Supports IEEE 802.1D Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
Layer 3 IP Routing Features
- ● IPv6 support
- ● WAN Internet types: Dynamic IP(DHCP Client), static IP, PPPoE, L2TP, PPTP
- ● Static and dynamic (RIP1 and 2) routing
- ● Supports Port Forwarding, DMZ, and UPnP for various networking applications
- ●IP/MAC-based bandwidth control
- ●Supports Dynamic DNS and PLANET DDNS
- ● Port filtering lets you either allow or prevent which application can access the Internet.
- ● MAC filtering allows you to include or exclude computers and devices based on their MAC address
- ● URL filtering allows you to control access to Internet websites in an URL list
- ● IP source guard prevents IP spoofing attacks
- ● DoS attack prevention
- ● Management Interfaces
- -2.4-inch color LCD touch screen
- -Web GUI management
- ● Static and DHCP for IP address assignment
- ● System Maintenance
- -Firmware upload/download via HTTP
- -Hardware reset button for system reboot or reset to factory default
- ● NTP Network Time Protocol
- ● Event message logging to remote syslog server
- ● PLANET Smart Discovery Utility for deployment management