All projects or products submitted must have been developed, manufactured, utilized and publicly released/delivered between Jan 2018- June 2019 in at least one market or territory anywhere in the world.
GITEX Awards - Judging Criteria
- Will be evaluated on a use case basis, solution providers and end users may apply/nominate a project/ product, the award will be presented to the End User.
- Each category is narrowed down to three finalists, based on the content of the entry’s application form, by a panel judges comprised of industry peers and experts. Entries will be graded by the following three criteria:
1. Effectiveness - Did the product/ project achieve its objectives?
2. Impact - What was the impact to nominee and industry?
3. Measurable Augmentation - Did the product/project achieve its targets? What measures were used to assess its success? (Depending upon the award this would be qualitative or quantitative)
- There is no maximum number of entries permitted from a single organisation. You can submit as many different entries to as many categories as you would like.
Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the independent judging panel on the entry form and additional supporting materials, in accordance with stated category requirements. The decision of the judges is final. Details of the judging panel meetings will not be disclosed, nor will correspondence be entered into by the DWTC regarding validation or qualification of entries or the decision of the judges.Entries will be judged on the basis of the information provided to the independent judging panel on the entry form and additional supporting materials, in accordance with stated category requirements. The decision of the judges is final. Details of the judging panel meetings will not be disclosed, nor will correspondence be entered into by the DWTC regarding validation or qualification of entries or the decision of the judges.
Accuracy of Submissions - At the time and date of online submitting an entry, entrants thereby confirm that the information supplied is truthful and accurate. If information is subsequently found to be incorrect, the entry or entries will be disqualified and withdrawn from the awards competition.
Additional Supporting Materials
For some of the award submissions we request entrants to please provide a link to where the app can be downloaded on one of the main app stores, or your website and a redemption code for free access (if the app is not free) so that our judges can download and experience the app for themselves.
- Please keep supporting information submitted to a maximum of:
- One x 1 minute (maximum) video
- Three x 1 page documents with further information, images, graphics etc.
- Three x web pages (which should be very specific to the entry)
- Linked by URLs
- Video: Please either provide a URL link to your video (e.g. via YouTube, Vimeo or other public, English language video platforms) or upload a file max 5mb on the entry form and if required, please make sure you provide a password. Videos should ideally be in the English language or with English sub titles.
- Other supporting information to a maximum of three x 1 page documents, could consist of independent information or data, extracts from analysts’ reports, testimonials or press articles, graphics etc. to support your entry. Please do make sure this supporting information is succinct and clear. Maximum 5mb for any document
- Language - Entries will only be accepted when submitted in the English When uploading supporting URL links and files, to accompany entries (supporting materials) please ensure that they are in English. Videos in other languages are acceptable with English subtitles.
- Web pages - If pointing judges to a website within your supporting materials or entry, please include a URL which is to very specific information relating to your entry, up to a maximum of three web pages, as judges will not have time to search websites looking for the pertinent information.
- The on-line entry form includes an upload facility for you to provide the above links and documents. You will have the ability to upload three additional files to accompany your entry up to a maximum file size of 5MB each. These can be pdfs, jpegs, Word documents or PowerPoint, but please, as above, keep these relevant to your entry and keep the pages to a minimum of one per document
- Confidentiality - Entries will be treated by the DWTC as confidential. Only details of the award winners and a shortlist of selected commended or nominated entries in each category will be published prior to, or after the presentation. Please note however that entries are judged by external journalists, analysts and many others for which we simply cannot guarantee confidentiality, so please do not submit information or materials within them that you do not wish to have in the public domain (see also “Promotion” below)
- Nominees & Winners- The nominees will be notified, and announced publicly on the website on 15th September 2019. The Awards presentations will take place during the week of the event, a schedule of presentation dates and times will be published in advance.
- Promotion - By entering the GITEX Awards, companies are expressly authorising the DWTC to use the specific text, video and visual materials submitted for the purposes of promoting the Awards in presentations, reports for publication, web site and media activities as well as all other forms of promotional/publicity materials pre-post the awards event.