Commercial Fraud & Trademark Infringement
The Organiser strictly prohibits the display, sale or promotion of counterfeit products. In line with this policy, you may be required to produce proof of authenticity for the products displayed on your stand. For more information contact the Dubai Department of Economic Development:
||Dubai Mall Branch
|13223, Dubai, UAE
||13223, Dubai, UAE
|+971 4 2229922
|+971 4 2225577
||+971 4 3827700
VoIP Policy from TRA
Please note that there are policies and regulations issued by the U.A.E. Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (the “TRA”) pertaining to the sales of telecommunications apparatus and services including and not limited to SIM Cards, Telephone Calling Cards and Voice Over IP (VoIP) services and products at the Enterprise and B2B levels within the United Arab Emirates (U.A.E). If you are presenting any VoIP services on your stand or require a VoIP connection please contact us TRA in order to register your intent and to receive the Declaration Form before submitting your request to the TRA. The applicable laws and regulations governing the sale and use of telecommunications apparatus and services in the U.A.E can be viewed at the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) website www.tra.gov.ae. For further information and clarification please contact TRA at +971 4 626 9999.
If an Exhibitor wishes to complain about anything relating to the exhibition they should immediately consult the organisers in the Organiser’s Office.
We recommend Exhibitors use the Official Freight Contractors as they have extensive experience in dealing with UAE Customs procedures. Please refer to contact details listed under OFFICIAL SERVICE CONTRACTORS LIST.
Maintenance of stands and delivery of stock, catalogues, etc., during the exhibition period should be carried out before the exhibition opens or after it is closed to visitors.
Demonstration and presentation may be performed as an integral part of the stand activity. However, Exhibitors should exercise discretion towards other Exhibitors.
Any live entertainment conducted by Exhibitors on stands, will have to be routed through Dubai World Trade Centre to obtain the necessary approval from the Department of Tourism and Commerce Marketing (DTCM).
Please provide a copy of the passport of each performer, together with a photograph, in JPEG format (not exceeding 200 KB per document) with the details of the proposed activity. Based on the type of performance and the number of participants the relevant costs will be advised.. Kindly note that it takes a minimum of 15 days to receive the approval and all such requests by be submitted latest by 3 weeks prior to the show. The permit is processed by the DWTC Venues Event Plus team. Kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details if required.
Special features, exhibits and public entertainment programmes at any time throughout the Show may only be incorporated within Exhibitor’s activities provided that they are notified to the Organiser no later than 3 weeks prior to the show.
Failure to register features may result in permission to proceed being withdrawn
Strict enforcement of the following noise level regulations will be observed. Exhibitors are requested to keep the noise levels of videos, music systems, etc., down. As a rule of thumb to volume levels, they should not interfere with normal conversation on neighbouring stands.A maximum of 70db will be permitted. If this rule is broken then the Organiser reserves the right to disconnect the power supply. Meters will be used to check the sound levels.
FedEx Service Centre
FedEx’s new World Service Centre comes complete with the FedEx agent on hand, located in the concourse between Halls 3 and 4; open from Sunday to Thursday. Working hours: 9.00 - 13.00 & 15.00 - 19.00. The centre offers all FedEx services from package tracking and tracing to FedEx 10 kg and 25 kg boxes.
Please contact FedEx Customer Service 24-hour Toll Free No. 8004050, for any assistance.
Flowers & Plants
Flowers & Plants are available for hire from our Official Floral Contractor and will be available from the exhibition halls on the eve of the opening day. Flowers may also be purchased. See the OFFICIAL SERVICES CONTRACTORS listing .
The Official Show Contractor offer a range of furniture items such as counters, shelf units, display panels, plinths etc on a rental basis for the duration of Exhibition. Full details, specifications, prices and order forms are available in their service manual. Only the Official Contractor is permitted to supply additional stand fittings & furniture. Please refer to the Official Show Contractor Service Manual. See the OFFICIAL SERVICES CONTRACTORS listing.
The Apartments Dubai World Trade Centre. We pride ourselves in providing comfort, great value, and convenience to all our guests, both short-term and long-term. Ideally located amongst the major landmarks of Dubai, you are always at the centre of both business and leisure. You couldn’t be any closer to events at the DWTC. Step out of your apartment and into the venue. It’s as easy as that.
Easily accessible from the Metro station, The Apartments are only 10 km away from Dubai International Airport, 5 km from Jumeirah Beach and only 1 km from the famous Dubai Mall with the world’s largest fountain.
Available in one, two and three-bedrooms, the serviced apartments are comfortably furnished and can be leased on daily, weekly, monthly or even yearly basis.
The Apartments offer access to The Club with a wide selection of indoor and outdoor recreation facilities including swimming pool, kid’s play area and kid’s pool, tennis court, gymnasium, steam and sauna rooms, and the region’s highest outdoor wall climbing facility. Its dining options comprise a multi-cuisine restaurant, a relaxing lounge and al fresco dining at the Pool Bar. Trade Centre Plaza with a wide array of restaurants and cafes is only a short walk away.
Central location, easy access to DWTC and a broad range of accommodation options and impeccable service make The Apartments an ideal choice for Dubai visitors.
Please refer to OFFICIAL DESTINATION MANAGEMENT FORM to make your booking.
OFFICIAL DESTINATION MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Dubai World Trade Centre (L.L.C) has appointed Alpha Tours Dubai to manage all Exhibitor and visitor hotel, flight and tour enquiries and bookings. To benefit from the preferential travel packages and accommodation rates please see OFFICIAL DESTINATION MANAGEMENT FORM or contact:
Abdullah Aridi - Sales Account Manager
Tel: +971 4 2949888
Fax: +971 4 2948416
Indemnity & Waiver
The Organisers may be held responsible by the Authorities in Dubai for the payment of any customs levy, tax, fine or other monies due from an Exhibitor. Accordingly, Exhibitors must undertake to indemnify the Organisers from any payment, which they are called upon to make to the Authorities on the Exhibitor’s behalf.
The Exhibitors also waive any and all claims that they may have against Dubai World Trade Centre (L.L.C.) of any kind whatsoever, in anyway related to the storage and display of exhibits/equipment during the show whether during, before or after regular show hours.
For more information see your Exhibition Contract Regulations.
Labour & Gratuities
It will not be possible for Exhibitors to obtain on-site services or labour for the erection of their stands and displays unless prior arrangements have been made. If on-site service or labour is required, please contact the Official Standfitting Contractor for the rates. Advance notice of at least one month must be given.
Night sheets shall be made of inherently non-flammable material or of a material satisfactorily treated or rendered non-inflammable. These must be to Class 1 spread of flame or the appropriate textile or plastic standard.
- While stands are in use during the open period of the show, arrangements must be made for the storage of the night sheets within the area of the stand. They may not be left, although rolled, in any position where they will cause an obstruction or interrupt line of sight.
- For those companies using shell scheme, night sheets are available for hire from the Official Contractors. Please give one months notice.
On the opening morning of the show the halls will be closed to ALL persons until 3 hours prior to the show opening for a security check. Once the security check is complete then Exhibitors, displaying their Exhibitor badge will be allowed admission through the appointed entrance. This entrance(s) will be advised during the build-up. Please note that Exhibitors will be subject a security search before being allowed admission. All access times prior to opening ceremony are at the discretion of Dubai Police.
The official exhibition photographer and camera crew will have the photographic rights within the Exhibition Hall. The photographer will be on site during the event. Privat photography/video is permissible but prior notification must be given. All approval or time lapse, photo shoot and video shoot within DWTC will require a formal permission from Dubai Police. Following documents must be submitted 10 workingdays prior to the build up:
- Visa Copy
- Passport Copy
- Emirates ID Copy
- Mobile Number
- Shoot Date, Time and Location
- Shoot Purpose
The above documents must be submitted by the organiser to the DWTC Event Planner 5 working days prior to the intended shoot for review and approval by DWTC Security department.
This is not applicable to video crews from an A/V contractor working on a conference / award ceremonies etc. since the crews are getting contractor badges.
Kindly fill in details as per the format (in excel document) below and submit along with the above documents:
Any requests for time-lapse/ photography or videography needs to be made 15 days prior to the date of requirement. CID approval is required and is not within the control of the Organiser or the Venue.
||Place of Birth
||Emirates ID No.
||In/Out of the country
Prize Draws & Promotions for giveaways BELOW AED 1,000
If a prize draw or promotion giveaway is less that AED 1000 kindly fill in the below letter template and email it to Gitexops@dwtc.com
Prize Draws & Promotions for giveaways ABOVE AED 1,000
If an exhibitor has a DED (Dubai Economic Department) licence they will need to obtain an NOC from DWTC addressed to DED, which is available in the Exhibitor Order Forms section under Optional Forms.
Below are the details on the process exhibitor need to follow to apply for raffles or draws when prize items are superior to AED 1,000 each.
The raffle permit is issued by the DED Branch Office located in the Dubai Mall (Counter Nr 6 - Business Registration and Licensing Section). The opening times are from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
The following documents must be presented:
- DED Licence Copy
- NOC from DWTC (available under Exhibitor Order Forms-Optional Forms-Dubai Economic Department Letter)
- Letter from the Exhibitor indicating the draw process, the draw date(s), the number of winners, the numbers of draws and the total value of the prizes (letter template in link below).
- Letter Template
If an exhibitor does not have a DED licence, they must authorize their counterpart in the region or any agency (not based in a free zone) they work with to apply on their behalf.
As part of the pre-Show promotion, press releases and regular updates will be circulated by our dedicated PR agency. Therefore, if an Exhibitor intends to launch any new products at the show, whether as a World, UAE or GCC debut, please advise our PR agency, in the first instance.
See Marketing & Publicity Guide
Public Address System
The Public Address System will be used for limited show related messages during build-up and break-down. During the exhibition, its use is restricted to emergencies only.
Raffle/ Draw Policy
Any raffle draw organised during and event is now subject to a raffle draw policy as per rules and regulations of the Dubai Department of Economic Development (DED). It is very important that you are aware of the revised procedure. If a raffle draw is organised without prior approval or the delivery of the awards(s) to the winner(s) is not in line with the policy detailed below, the draw organiser will be fined.
- The permission must be obtained directly from DED, and the applicable charges settled with DED. The value of the prize should be based on the UAE market value at the time of the draw.
- If you are a non-UAE based company and require permission from DED, you should apply through one of Dubai licensed PR/Advertising agency, or through the main organiser if based in UAE.
- The winner must receive his/her award(s) from the draw organiser within 10 days from the date of the draw. If the draw organiser leaves the UAE before handing over all the awards to the winner within the day 10 day period, the prizes must remain with the event organizer till the 10 day period expires, the prizes must be consigned to the DED. For more information please contact DED on 04-6069888 or 04- 2853161.
- If the draw prizes have not been collected or delivered within the 10 day- period, the draw organiser (or in in his/her absence the event organiser will consign with the DED.
- Raffle draw organiser’s employees and their family members are not entitled to participate in the raffle draws(s) in any way.
DRAW APPLICATION FORM
Any packing material or other similar materials brought into the premises and all debris arising from the construction or dismantling of standfittings, etc, must be removed from the premises by the Exhibitor or its Contractor.
The organiser reserves the right to pass on any charges for the removal of any rubbish not removed direct to the Exhibitor or its Contractor.
DWTC skips for catering refuse are not for Exhibitors or Contractors use under any circumstances. Quotations for skip hire, collection and removal of waste material, standfittings, etc, at the Exhibitor’s or Contractor’s expense, can be obtained from the DWTC as follows:-
Dubai World Trade Centre
P.O. Box 9292
United Arab Emirates
Office Hours: Sun - Thurs, 8am - 5pm
Cash Office: Sun - Thurs, 8am - 5pm
Timezone: Dubai Standard Time (GMT+4)
Global contact number: +971 4 389 3999
UAE toll-free: 800 655
DWTC is committed to ensuring that the Show regulations are enforced consistently.
Due notice/warning will be issued in writing ONCE ONLY and if an Exhibitor continues to be in breach of a regulation after issue of a warning, DWTC may take all and any actions necessary..
Storage of Material
Each Exhibitor must undertake to erect a stand that is in keeping with the high reputation of the Show. Upon inspection, should an Exhibitor’s stand, in the opinion of the Organiser, whose decision is final, fail to be of a quality that reflects the event as a whole, the Organiser has the authority to carry out any actions applicable, of which any costs or expenses are to be borne by the Exhibitor.
Cavities and spaces around stands shall not be used for storage of empty crates, cartons, boxes or packaging material.
Exhibitors bringing material into the halls for display purposes must consider the storage arrangements for any spare materials or packaging.
- The rears of the stands are designated utility areas and do not form part of the exhibition or sold space. It is a requirement from Dubai Civil Defence to keep a 1 meter clear gap between stands and the walls.
- Direct arrangements for storage of empties and show consumables should be made with the Official Freight Forwarder, (See the OFFICIAL SERVICES CONTRACTORS listing). Otherwise, Exhibitors must arrange for their cartons and cases to be transported back to their own premises.
DWTC reserves the right to remove/dispose of any cartons, cases and / or packing material left in the exhibition halls/behind stands. Any cost incurred will be borne by the Exhibitor.
Temporary Stand on Staff
This information is requested by Dubai Police. Applicable for exhibitors who are hiring hostesses and promoters to work in their stand only.Please note that you will have to order Exhibitor Badges for them also.
Exhibitors are required to complete Vehicle Arrival Schedule Form and return to the Organiser at least 2 weeks before the vehicle is being delivered.
All vehicles and other exhibits must comply with the following, prior to being left unattended on the stand:-
- The fuel tank should contain the minimum amount of fuel which, as a guide, should be just above the reserve.
- The fuel tank must be sealed with a locked cap.
- All batteries within vehicles must either be removed or permanently isolated and made safe during the period of the Show. If there is a requirement to charge a battery it must be done so with an electric charger and not by running the vehicle engine.
See Batteries – Electrical Information.
- Electrical devices such as windows, lights, radios and other electronic equipment must be powered by a means other than the vehicle battery, confirmation of which must be identified in safety management documentation.
- All vehicles must be positioned within the boundaries of the stand so that any protrusions, doors, tail lifts etc, do not infringe the stand perimeter and allow adequate manovering space between the cars and the stand edge for visitors and stand staff to prevent the possibility of tripping.
- Apart from delivery and departure during the build-up and breakdown periods, the running of internal combustion engines is strictly prohibited, especially when the public are in the halls during the opening hours of the Show and is particularly relevant on the last day.
- Filling or emptying of fuel tanks on site is strictly prohibited at any time.
- Vehicle exhibits with raising/tipping capacity, be they manual, hydraulic or electric must, at all times, where applicable, have the correct working safety collars, catches and mechanisms.
Please note:Visas will not be processed without hotel accommodation.
The following Nationalities do not need to apply for a visa in advance to enter Dubai and can obtain the entry permit on arrival: GCC residents, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Vatican City. For all other nationalities a visa must be obtained prior to arrival in the UAE
The visa requirements, the relevant forms and the visa rates will be sent to you by the hotel along with the room confirmation number. Upon receipt of the relevant forms, please complete and return them to the email address specified on the form along with scanned, clear copies of all the requested documents.
- The weekend in the UAE is Friday & Saturday.
- The immigration office is closed on these days.
- Please note that some airlines may need the visa to be produced prior to boarding the aircraft. If this is the case please notify us as soon as possible to initiate the visa application process with the hotel.
- Please ensure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months beyond your intended period of stay.
- As per the UAE regulations all hotels charge a visa security deposit of AED 5,000/- for each visa request.
- An additional charge of AED 2,000/- is needed for the following nationalities: Algeria, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco & Tunisia (subject to change by immigration without notice).
- The visa fees and visa security deposit are charged prior to processing the visa. The visa fees are non-refundable if the visa application is unsuccessful or rejected by immigration. The visa security deposit will be refunded once the delegate has left the UAE and the exit stamp page has been emailed or faxed to the hotel. After the receipt of the exit stamp page please allow 3 to 4 weeks time for completion of the refund process.