Before You Travel
What are the procedures to enter Dubai?
Ensure you meet the entry visa requirements, you can check if you need a visa here
- All visitors entering Dubai must take a PCR test up to a maximum of 96 hours prior to travelling and provide the negative PCR COVID-19 certificate which must be printed in English or Arabic no SMS or digital certificates will be accepted
- Ensure you have medical travel insurance with international coverage that covers COVID-19 before travelling. You will need to sign a declaration to bear all costs of quarantine and treatment and complete a Health Declaration Form before departure confirming you are not displaying any symptoms.
If you are travelling with Emirates airlines, you will automatically receive free global cover for COVID-19 health expenses and quarantine costs valid through to 31 December 2020 - click here for further details
- Please check with your airline carrier if you are arriving in Dubai from a destination that will require a second test on arrival.
- Should any traveller show any COVID-19 symptoms a second test will be required at the airport.
Arrival At The Venue/During The Event
How do I arrive to GITEX?
- Visitors can use the Exhibition Street Parking with direct access to the venue
- Taxi, Uber and Careem drop-off points are available at both Exhibition Gate and Convention Gate. The World Trade Centre Metro Station is only a 5 minute walk from the venue
- Sanitisation of frequently-touched parking areas like payment machines and attendant booths is thoroughly carried out
- Social distancing stickers are placed in all elevators and walkways
What is the ticketing/registration process?
- Online pre-registration and ticket purchases are required for all events for contact tracing purposes. Over-the-counter registration is not possible at this time
- In case a helpdesk or a ticket sales area is required onsite, compliance to social distancing norms for queuing with 2m floor markers will be followed
Are there any temperature checks at the venue?
What if I get sick at GITEX?
If visitor tests postive for COVID-19 they must contact the Dubai Health Authority where they will be contacted for further action in compliance with the government procedures
How does networking change?
Networking changes include the following:
(i) All exhibitors are to limit the number of staff at each stand.
(ii) Handshakes and exchange of business cards are not permitted at this time.
(iii) Boardroom spaces on the stand need to be large enough to incorporate social distancing regulations.
What signage will be in place?
Will there be sanitser stations?
What social distancing measure are in place?
There are several social distancing measures taking place all over the venue at all times from the carparks and taxi ranks to the main entrances, concourses, halls and meeting rooms. Such as floor stickers in all common areas of the venue and digital screens to spread awareness of what the safety guidelines are
Departure from the venue
How do I depart from the venue?
There are clearly marked, dedicated exits when leaving the venue there are signages located at taxi ranks outlining the venue’s safety regulations. Additional traffic marshals may also be positioned to ensure safe distancing, when needed.
Contactless parking payments have been implemented where possible.
Where can I find further information regarding the COVID-19 Guidelines in Dubai?
Note: All negative PCR tests must be either in English or Arabic, if a passenger arrives at Dubai Airports with a negative PCR test in another language they must have it translated and attested at their country of origin. Should a passenger walk into Dubai Airports with a negative PCR test that is not English or Arabic they do so at their own discretion and may be required to do a second PCR test upon arrival
Where do I get a COVID-19 test near Dubai World Trade Centre?
A PCR testing Centre will be located in the GITEX halls to facilitate your week at GITEX and the travel back to your home country (if a PCR test is requested)
Other Testing Centres:
|Medical Centre Name||Location (Google Maps Link)||Contact Number||Website|
|Dubai Festival City located at Festival City Mall, near Crescent Drive||https://goo.gl/maps/y325UQAfoug2H7b47 (10-15 minutes away from venue)||+971 4 260 8777||Click Here|
|Port Rashid located at the main gate of Port Rashid (also called Mina Rashid)||https://goo.gl/maps/b7zxcmbwYNPbMGPg7 (10-15 minutes away from venue)||+971 800 1717||Download the Seha App which is available on ios and android|
|Prime Medical Center and Premier Diagnostic Center, Deira.||https://goo.gl/maps/xa9ChctEUeq7JUR37 (10-15 minutes away from venue)||+971 4 707 0999||Click Here|
|Medcare Hospital, near Al Safa Park – Al Hadiqa Rd.||https://g.page/Medcare-Hospital-Dubai?share (10-15 minutes away from venue)||+971 800 633 2273||Click Here|
|Mediclinic Welcare Hospital, 2nd St – Garhoud||https://goo.gl/maps/Scug4g4dz6WuuwHx8 (10-15 minutes away from venue)||+971 4 282 7788||Click Here|
|Mediclinic Dubai Mall, Financial Center Rd.||https://goo.gl/maps/q4zLf9MfhJcCkzgaA (5-10 minutes away from venue)||+971 4 449 5111||Click Here|
|Medeor Hospital 24×7, Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Road, Bur Dubai.||https://goo.gl/maps/YY61ZrTE4ghRHyxcA (10 -15 minutes away from venue)||+971 800 900 600||Click Here|
While all measures are in place to keep you safe, your participation at the event is at your own discretion and associated risks. Dubai World Trade Centre can assume no responsibility for any personal illness, injury, damages or losses resulting from your visit.