Avaya Supports Healthcare Providers with Free Collaboration and Contact Center Apps to Help Bolster Their Ability to Respond During Crisis
As healthcare workers around the world face the daily challenges of responding to COVID-19, Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE:AVYA) continues to enhance their ability to deliver critically needed support and care. The company today announced it is providing communications and collaboration solutions for free to healthcare organizations in order to help them stay connected, productive and safe.
Avaya solutions are helping providers address the unprecedented demands on them, such as an increase in patient care and inquiries, the pressing need to proactively outreach to their communities, and an ability to virtually connect patients, family members and care teams, especially with staff working from home or in temporary locations.
Healthcare is a priority for Avaya, and the company works with 80% of the Health and Life Sciences Fortune 500 Companies, and 12 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals rely on Avaya communications solutions. During the COVID-19 pandemic, the company has been supporting healthcare organizations worldwide in a number of ways:
- A key healthcare services provider leading the COVID-19 testing effort has been able to continue their critically important work while moving over 2,300 employees to work remotely with the help of Avaya solutions.
- One of the largest healthcare providers in the southwest United States, with more than 10,000 Avaya unified communications users, is able to maintain its high level of health services while moving staff to a work-from-home environment to help ensure their safety.
- The company has also worked with government health departments across the U.S., including Washington State Department of Health, to get emergency call centers up-and-running in a matter of hours.
- Avaya recently helped the Winnipeg Regional Health Authority and Shared Health Manitoba leverage CPaaS solutions to quickly ramp up their ability to respond to huge increases in call center volume.
WellMedic Health Centers, one of the most innovative health and wellness centers in Latin America, implemented Avaya communication and contact centers solutions for remote agents to address their current challenges. “In a moment like this with whole world impacted by COVID-19, we have to act immediately, and with Avaya’s support, in just over a weekend we were able to move our traditional call center to a remote deployment without interrupting service to doctors, their patients or our team,” said Carlos Araiza, IT Leader at WellMedic. "They quickly helped us develop our contingency strategy and implement the appropriate solution.”
“Our deepest gratitude goes out to the healthcare workers and organizations on the front lines battling COVID-19. Many of the providers who work with Avaya have told us how critical it is to stay connected and engaged with colleagues, patients and communities,” said Jim Chirico, Avaya President and CEO. “In the early days of the pandemic, we worked with hospitals to quickly donate and deploy collaboration apps and technology to support their efforts. Now we know it’s critical to support them with new capabilities that can help during this unprecedented global health challenge.”
The free software offers Avaya is providing for healthcare organizations include:
- A complementary 60-day subscription for the Avaya Spaces cloud meeting and team collaboration app that enables online virtual patient visits where care team members and patients can connect, meet and share across any device, using video, voice, chat and more. It also allows staff to create “spaces” for frequent topics and ongoing projects, and the entire healthcare team can work and meet wherever they might be.
- A complementary 90-day subscription for Avaya Cloud Notification Solution (ACNS), the modular cloud-based notification system that provides real-time communication when it matters most. Automation capabilities include Hotlines, Auto Forms, Auto Attendant, Custom IVR, and notifications to enable healthcare workers to quickly manage inquiries on-demand, conduct outreach to patients, gather and share information about patients and prioritize call backs.
- A 90-day complimentary license for contact center customers to convert their existing office-based contact center agents to remote workers. Avaya contact center solutions for remote agents can help address the health and safety concerns for staff while enabling them to effectively and efficiently respond to the increasing volume of patient and community inquiries. In response to COVID-19, Avaya has enabled customers to empower several hundred thousand contact center agents to now work remotely.
- Complementary 90-day licenses to a wide range of Avaya unified communications solutions compatible with virtually every Avaya platform, to enable healthcare providers to transition their teams into remote work environments to stay safe while being able to stay productive and collaborate from anywhere.
HIPAA-compliant options for Healthcare, supported by an independent third-party audit, are available for Avaya Cloud Office, Avaya Cloud Notification Solution (ACNS), Avaya OneCloud IX Contact Center, Avaya OneCloud ReadyNow, Avaya Conversational Intelligence, and for Avaya Managed Services premise-based solutions.