Packed Event Sees Launches and Demos of Hottest Products in Region
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
International brands and local technology leaders have launched an array of exciting and innovative technologies at GITEX Technology Week 2014 this week, with the five-day event packed with demos of the hottest products, gadgets, services and solutions.
With more than 100,000 visitors from 150 countries enjoying first-hand experience of the latest technology solutions from more than 3,700 exhibitors from 61 countries, here’s a selection of a few of the products that have been on display at the 34th edition of GITEX Technology Week - the largest ICT event in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia (MEASA):
- Microsoft Devices unveiled the latest Lumia 830, Lumia 735 and Lumia 730 smartphones, which come with Windows 8.1 and feature Microsoft services including Skype, Microsoft Office and OneDrive.
- Kodak Alaris unveiled a range of products and solutions, including the IBML ImageTrac 6000 series scanners – which can handle up to 438 pages per minute – and Kodak’s Info Input Solution, a browser-based thin client document capture solution.
- Polycom showcased its latest portfolio of video and voice collaboration solutions tailored for the SMB, education and healthcare sectors
- Polaroid unveiled its newest range of tablets, HD sports video cameras and power bank units, including the 7” Rainbow Series, the 10.1” EDU Tab (S20VE-B) and the Intel Tablet, which is available in 7”, 8” and 10.1” screen sizes.
- The U.A.E. Ministry of Environment and Water announced the launch of the Carbon Footprint App, which is designed to encourage environment responsibility across all age groups by calculating consumption of power, water, transportation, waste and carbon emissions.
For more information on the 34th GITEX Technology Week, visit: www.gitex.com